Ex Libris, a ProQuest company, is seeking an Account Manager:
As an Account Manager, you will lead and coordinate field sales activity for the assigned territory (Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas and Louisiana) utilizing expertise in business development and leveraging the relationships which you have fostered within the industry. Leveraging other resources such as
product specialists, client relationship managers and field marketing teams to meet and exceed sales targets will be critical to your success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Owns the assigned territory and individual account plan coordination, working closely with product specialists, trainers, and renewal teams to develop an overall account plan to grow long term revenue.
· Influences and motivates others in a matrixed sales organization (particularly those who do not directly report to the Account Manager) to support and drive towards shared goals.
· Focuses exclusively on new business as part of expanding the ProQuest ExLibris footprint within the account; typically serves as primary point of contact to engage clients.
· Leads RFP coordination and development as needed; seeking opportunities to unite multiple RFP or current investments and collaborating with product specialists as appropriate.
· Manages full portfolio forecast (renewals and new business) including specialty products and content; works closely with product specialist and support teams to ensure forecast accuracy.
· Maintains a good working knowledge of products especially with regard to products without Sales Specialists specialists.
· Maintains awareness of all proposals, and may lead discussion with client as needed.
· Ensures progress for account plans and that the plan is aligned to other client objectives.
· Manages the overall health of the account; coordinating routine checkpoints, handling business reviews, participating in new product roadmap discussions, and engaging in client meetings.
· Fosters client satisfaction and ensures that issues are resolved; relying on product specialists to drive specialty product issues and working with colleagues in Customer Service and Technical Support
· Enters leads and new activity into SalesForce.com in order to ensure collaboration and accurate tracking.
· Bachelors’ degree plus at least 5 years’ related experience as a direct field sales professional or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Proven success in selling and closing customers, creating value, and managing a pipeline.
· Successful sales negotiation skills at every level within client organizations, with experience influencing and selling to the executive level decision-maker.
· Ability to develop a deep understanding of product line and client base.
· Capable of engaging in key probing questions for specialty products and can promote key value proposition and answer baseline questions about all specialty products.
· Able to clearly and compellingly articulate full ProQuest and ExLibris value proposition.
· Ability to assess the sales process and request participation from executive managers when required.
· Ability to analyze, compare, evaluate, reconcile and draw meaningful conclusions and action plans from data.
· Ability to accurately forecast and manage the sales funnel for assigned account territory.
· Focused team player with a collaborative approach.
· High level of enthusiasm, with strong influencing and negotiation skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to professionally build and maintain strong relationships with a diverse blend of personalities and levels of authority to reach resolution.
· Capacity to learn and effectively utilize SalesForce.com as well as other software tools relevant to the role, and adhere to assigned sales methodology.
· Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and related software relevant to the role.
Qualifications listed below, while not necessarily a requirement for this position in each circumstance, provide additional depth and value to the role.
· Advanced degree
· Certifications pertinent to the sales profession.
· Experience selling Educational Technology
Other important information about this position:
· This position may be based in a corporate office or remote location within the aligned territory.
· Frequent domestic travel is expected to be at 50%.
· This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with scheduling flexibility available around core working hours. Some weekend attendance is required, typically for travel and industry/trade events.
· Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.